Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

If you happen to experience an occasional performance issue on your computer ever since you've installed that android emulator...

The family salon computer was hanging. A relatively powerful windows 7 machine.
I could not access "my computer". But I had access to drives.
I checked the processes. 
A process called "HD-PLUS" something was hogging the cpu.

I tried searching the net, and hopa!
Turns out it is a process of the Bluestacks emulator

Yes.... i am one of those who have installed it. Because of the kid. He wanted to play some Android game, and it seemed logic to try and see how is life with android emulators. Bluestacks wasn't fast enough, so we moved on to NOX (which is, at least for now, as far as performance and ease of use go, amazing). But as there was no obvious reason to remove bluestacks, I left it to be. 

After all, if it isn't running, assuming the software in itself is safe, why not leave it for trials when time allows?

But there you go.
Even though it was officially not running, it was hogging the system... 
so I removed the software. and everything returned back to normal.

Conclusion: if you have a performance issue on your computer ever since you've installed that android emulator...

No comments:

Post a Comment