Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Where does adobe scan saves files on android ?

Usually, when I need to photocopy a file, and have only my cellphone around for that, I choose to use the camera app. But as I needed to photocopy a rather important document for another person, I thought that perhaps it was time to enter the world of scanning software. 

Remembering the dangers of appearing to be useful apps on the Google store, I chose to go safe, and downloaded Adobe's scan app. It is a very easy to operate app, performing excellently which made me very pleased, till the moment I wanted to copy those PDFs that were created to my computer. Sure, I could email them, but I have this habit of wishing to know where files are created on my cellphone, and to be able to move them to wherever they should be, according to my own organizational preferences. 

But searching as much as I did, I could not find those files. Hence I googled the question where does adobe scan saves files on android, and I found the answer on Adobe's community forums

It turns out Adobe does not keep does files on the cellphone, but instead, on their Adobe Document cloud (https://cloud.acrobat.com) (There was probably a statement in those small lettered terms of use, but you know how reading these usually goes... ) 

So, logging into the Adobe Document cloud from my PC, using the google identity that is the main one of my cell phone (which is the equivalent of the Adobe ID + Password), I was able to find those files with ease. 


No comments:

Post a Comment