Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2021

a visit to some remaining artefacts of a once thriving blogosphere

It has been a while since I've been an aspiring blogger. Soon it would be two years since I've officially closed my attempt at professional blogging/content-writing/whatever-that-was ... But the Corona times might be sending me again down that tunnel, and also for Nostalgia's sake, I thought it might be interesting to go over the recent Google Search Console reports of the remaining artefacts of my once thriving blogosphere and see if there are any posts that have survived the tests of time and are getting high ranking in some searches..... 

And there I found two prominent posts, which surprised me - as they ranked in the first search page results - after two years in the no-update-limbo of the blogosphere : 

1) From this blog: 5th spot on Google in the search: "how to find manufacturing date of seagate hard disk" (Still getting the upper hand over some serious internet lions ! ) 

2) From the blog 'the artwork of shawarma', which like technoPhileFiles is still alive (as a hobby ) -  a post about an excellent Shawarma from Netanya ranking in high in the first page searching this specific place (it seems that the choice of this particular eating place not to manage a professional internet presence helped a relatively obscure blog to take center stage regarding searches of the place's name). 

It was a rather surprising result, considering that my past experience has taught me that usually, internet relics are falling in search ranks in a similar fashion to the impact of the sands of time on ancient structures

The best explanation would be that they are still getting traffic as they are long-tail search results. 

Such is life in Google's oceans. Sometimes, even if you stop swimming - you don't sink to the abyss.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment